- The candidate must fulfil the age criteria requirements as per JEE Main 2016 i.e., candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01 October 1991 are eligible.
- Proof of Age The date of birth recorded in the matriculation or equivalent (Class X) certificate or in the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate only will be accepted as proof of age.
Mandatory Eligibility Requirement
- The applicant must be a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin from any foreign country but who intends to settle permanently in India and obtains Indian citizenship before admission to AIT
Eligibility for Admission to AIT
Admission to Army Institute of Technology is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex Army personnel and war widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to AWES Professional Colleges along with the Application Form :
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories:
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army (Submit Certificate No 1).
- Children of ex Army personnel granted/ awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalid medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension (Submit Certificate No 1).
- Children of ex Army personnel who have taken discharge or released after ten years of service (Submit Certificate No 1).
Adopted /Step children and children of Remarried Widows
- Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission (Submit Certificate No 2).
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible (Submit Certificate No 2).
Eligibility Criteria for Wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers/Army Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force(IN/IAF)
- Wards of only those ex Army medical officers/Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for atleast 10 years (Submit Certificate No 3).
Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS/ MNS/TA Personnel (Submit Certificate No 3).
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex- servicemen as per Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 (52)/88/D(Res) dated 19 Jul 89.
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have competed 10 years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
Candidates Who are Not Eligible
The following categories of candidates are not eligible:
- Those children who are NOT included in one of the categories mentioned in Paras 15 and 16 above.
- A candidate who has passed any examination of a Statutory University recognised as equivalent to the corresponding examination of Savitribai Phule Pune University shall not be permitted to appear for that examination with the same subjects (Savitribai Phule Pune University Ordinance 115 refers) i.e., candidate who has completed First Year engineering from any Institute throughout the country is NOT eligible for re-admission in First Year Engineering at AIT.
Academic Qualifications and Criteria
The following qualifications must be met by the applicant applying for admission into AIT:
- Minimum (Qualifying Exam):The applicant must have passed the (10+2) CBSE exam or the Indian School Certificate (10+2 or XII) ISC exam or its equivalent Higher Secondary (Std XII) Certificate Exam from a recognised Board/University with English, Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects.
- Subject combination requirement:The candidate must have passed/appeared Class XII or equivalent with compulsory subjects as Physics and Mathematics alongwith one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational Subject. Candidate should obtain at least 50% in the above combination subjects. This is subject to directions from AICTE / Government of Maharashtra/ Savitribai Phule Pune University.
SE to BE Fee Deposition
Notice & Fee Structure 2016-17
How to pay online Fees : Sample
PAY ONLINE FEE : DEPOSIT FEE AS PER LAY DOWN FORMAT:
Due to some technical problem, kindly use undermentioned site for deposition of fees
Pl copy and paste link in new browser window --- > https://eazypay.icicibank.com
----> Write "Army Institute of Technology"
Make payment accordingly.
ICICI BANK (EAZY PAY) 840882368, 9557922332
AIT : 27157534