Degrees Offered : BE(Electronics & Telecommunication)
Duration : 4 years
Intake : 120 seats
To create an environment, conducive for overall development of a student by achieving a position of excellence in technical education and research activities in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
Establish a unique teaching learning environment to enable the students and faculty to face the challenges
of the Electronics and Communication Engineering field and also provide a framework for promoting collaborative
and multidisciplinary activities and work towards achieving center of excellence in the areas of Signal
processing, VLSI and Embedded systems.
Impart knowledge in the field of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, to solve complex
technological problems, to inculcate lifelong learning ability and to prepare the students for successful
engagement in commercial and industrial enterprise, research and development.
Provide students with a kind of environment that combines rigorous academics and intellectual
stimulation of attitude, values and vision for serving humanity.
Provide strong theoretical foundation, practical engineering skills, experience in interpersonal
communication & team work, ethics, professional conduct and critical thinking.
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1. To prepare students for postgraduate courses, research and successful careers in Electronic,
Computer, Communication & IT Industry, providing necessary background and other basic engineering
fields particularly in electrical, electronics and mathematics
PEO2. To develop the ability among students to analyze and synthesize the data for applications to
electronics product design and to enable students to simulate, analyze and solve electronics and
communication engineering problems.
PEO3. To provide students a familiarity with professional issues in electronics and Telecommunication
Engineering including innovation, ethics, issues related to global economy and emerging technology and
promote important skills such as oral & written communication.
PEO4. To promote students awareness of lifelong learning through an excellent academic environment
& provide them opportunity to work in teams on multidisciplinary projects, improving the
communication skills or with requisite technical & behavioral skills/graduate attributes.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering
fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex
engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics,
natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and
design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate
consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research
methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the
information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern
engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with
an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess
societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the
professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering
solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need
for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms
of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader
in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the
engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write
effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the
engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and
leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage
in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate & solve Electronics & Communication
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to design electronic circuits & systems, conduct experiment,
analyze & interpret the data. and work on multidisciplinary projects.
- Graduate who can pursue higher studies or get placed in Electronics, Communication or IT based
- NBA re-accredited for 2 years from Jul 16
- State of art laboratory facilities
- Well qualified and experienced faculty, skilled technical staff
- MOU’s with NVIDIA, Bharat Forge, Gill Instruments for Industry Institute Interaction and projects.
- Excellent results and placement
- Effective teaching learning process and modern infrastructure
- Well-equipped laboratories
- Sponsored laboratories by NVIDIA, Phytec and Texas Instruments
- Four classrooms with modern teaching aids like LCD, internet connectivity
- Eleven Faculty rooms with computing & internet facility with Intercom
- Computing facilities with internet and LAN and modern software
- HODs Office
- NBA Accreditation
- MOU’s with industries
- Publication of Papers and books by faculty
- More than 11 faculty members are pursuing PhD
- Funded R&D projects
Laboratories and Software
The department is equipped with state of art, ultra-modern and sophisticated labs. The laboratories cater to the requirements of curriculum and beyond the curriculum learning. The modern test and measuring instruments are available in the labs along with training kits. There are 130 computers connected in LAN. The institute has Internet connectivity of 100Mbps leased line, 100 Mbps NKN + 2Mbps Aircell Backup. There are number of softwares like Matlab, Labview, Xilinx, Multisim, Microwind etc. to cater to simulation and design automation needs.
The department has following laboratories:
- Basic Electronics Lab
- Digital & Microprocessor Lab
- Power Electronics & Network Lines Lab
- Programming Lab
- Computer Systems Lab
- VLSI & Embedded System Lab
- Communication Lab
- PCB Lab
- Robotics & Project Lab
- Advanced Communication Lab
- MATLAB Base module R2014a with Toolboxes
Signal Processing Toolbox
Image Processing Toolbox
DSP systems Toolbox
- Xilinx Make ISE series US-ISE-FND(VER 9.1)
- Microwind Software 3.5
- Triton IDE Dongle based for ARM7
- Kaspersky Antivirus
Student Centered Activities
- Various activities such as workshops seminars and guest lectures are organized
- Students are encouraged to take up projects.
- IETE Student chapter
- Industrial Visits are organized for students.
Result and Placement
- Consistently good results
- In terms of placement, E&Tc students have a wide scope of opportunities in various companies like Microsoft, Infosys, Calsoft, Persistent, IBM, Wipro, Canbay, L & T Infotech, TATA Consultancy Services, etc.
- Bharat Forge
- Gill Instruments
- Helium Ink
The Department of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering in AIT strives hard to provide a very good learning experience to its students. The strength of the department has been and continues to be excellence in teaching and we are slowly progressing in research and development activities as well. The department has developed the state-of-art infrastructure, well equipped laboratories, departmental library, classrooms with modern teaching aids. These facilities create conducive environment for teaching-learning process, and act as catalyst for quality technical education.
The faculty of the department is well qualified, and motivated with a strong commitment to teaching and research. The faculty continuously upgrades themselves to keep pace with rapidly changing technology.
The good efforts our faculty and students are always reflected in the university results. The department is able to have university rank holders almost every year.
We provide our students with several value added courses to augment various panorama of their career. Students are also encouraged to undergo supervised practical training in different industries so as to get hands-on experience and become employable technocrats. Our department endeavors to provide best professional opportunities to our students and look forward to their bright future. We, as a team resolve to take the department to heights of success and glory and prepare for the forthcoming challenges. Thus, we are confident that our students will emerge as assets not only to this institution and to the organization they belong, but also to the country at large.
Our alumni occupy high positions in industry and army, in India and abroad. Their accomplishments have been outstanding and reflect on the quality training imparted at the undergraduate level. The excellent performance of our alumni has enabled the department to maintain its strong reputation.